Sunday, April 16, 2006

A Special Request from Me for your help

Hi everyone and I hope you're enjoying the blogs. I love being able to share this with you all and I hope you all have had a chance to visit the Tigerhomes.org website. I've made an exception to the rule here and believe me, I normally never, never do this, but this is an exceptional case. I found the Tigerhomes website almost a year ago and I have been with it ever since. I can promise you there is nothing else out there on the net like this. The owner has gone above and beyond to bring the world right into his sanctuary. For many, many reasons, it is not open to the public, but he has placed over 35 webcams throughout the sanctuary in afew of the different animal habitats. This has by no means been easy for him. Now he has no idea I'm doing this but I felt the need in my heart to ask for some help for this guy. He is solely run on private donations from everyday people like you and me. As you can imagine.....the cost of feeding the animals, which include several tigers, can be outrageous, plus the cost of the website and hosting it and especially the cams, which are one of the biggest expenses. The Florida heat, the animals and other conditions can wreck havoc on cams and they are constantly needing repairs or just to be replaced. The site has over 14,000 people that view the cams monthly and how many of those do you think send in donations or even offer to help....I can tell you for a fact, not many. Everyone claims to care for the animals, and alot of them watch the cams daily, yet have never even sent in a dime to help. I for one know what hard times are all about. I'm a single mother of a teenage son and have constantly had financial issues for most of my life. I always find a way to give to the sanctuary as I believe in its mission. This guy is for real people, he's not a person out in Vegas open to the public and charging admission. He doesn't make thousands of dollars a day or even a month for that matter. This is a one man operation, with not much help at all.....sure he has a guy that comes out and helps with the yard now and again and he has acouple of Awesome guys that work on the site, but the sanctuary is all his own creation. He spent years perfecting this awesome place and last year when Katrina and Wilma hit, alot of it was destroyed in a matter of hours or even minutes. Habitats were damaged, fencing was destroyed, landscaping destroyed. It was absolutely heartbreaking. Now here it is not even a year later and repairs are still being made everyday alittle at a time. And its all being done by one man, with little or no help. He does all the building, irrigating, landscaping, cam tweaking, you name it, he does it himself. This is where the finances come in. He of course has his other bills and daily expenses that have to be met, but to him the animals and the sanctuary have always come first. I'm asking you, if you are reading this now and have not ever visited the website, or if you have and have not sent in a donation yet, to please visit the website and check it out and please find it in your heart to send in a donation of any amount, large or small. He has a very small number of monthly sponsers, but not nearly enough to meet the daily expenses he has with the animals food, vet bills when necessary, the website, the cams....it is just one major headache after another and one major expense after the other. But he keeps on going because he wants to educate the people and give them a chance to see exotic animals up close and personal in real life naturalistic habitats. This is offered no where else on the net. There is truly nothing else like it out there. They have educational dvds, adoption certificates and other things in the gift shop and you can even pay for an animals food for a day at a very low price. All I'm asking is for you to check it out and give it a chance. And like I said, any donation, any amount is more than appreciated by this man. The more donations that come in, the better it is for him and for us. He goes out of his way and works non-stop to keep the animals cared for and the site going and wants to be able to do this for a long time. Let's help him make it happen. I'm sure some of you can spare an extra $5 or even $10 or even more a month for such a good thing. I never want to see this guy have to end this and I've seen so many sites go down due to lack of funding or just plain not caring. This man truly cares and I am doing this not only for him, but mainly for the animals that live at the tigerhomes sanctuary located in South Florida. Thank you for taking the time to read this and I hope it has touched you in some way.
Please visit www.tigerhomes.org

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home